After enjoying the Carnival Vista, I have to say the ship is HUGE and amazing. There is so much to do that you can’t do everything. Check out my top 10 things to see and do while on the Vista and follow along day by day with my travel journal.
- Serenity – The Serenity area on the Vista is an adults only oasis. This area has several features including secluded lounge chairs, a made to order salad bar named Salad Creations, a bar and several hot tubs. It is the perfect spot to relax.
- 24-Hour Ice Cream – I don’t know about you, but I love ice cream. There are several ice cream and frozen yogurt machines available all the time. There is vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavors and ice cream cones!
- Thing 1, Thing 2 – Carnival Cruise Line has a relationship to offer Seuss at Sea. While I did not participate in any of the kids’ activities, seeing Seuss characters on board brings back the kid in anyone.
- Hot Tubs Galore – I am not a big pool person, however, I love hot tubs. There are several hot tubs in different areas throughout the ship. All of these hot tubs assures there is a spot for you.
- Salad Creations – This restaurant is a location in Serenity. The salads that are made a this location are amazing, and there are so many options for toppings, bases and dressings that you could have a different salad everyday.
- Dive-in Theatre – This “theater” is definitely a unique feature on the Vista. Located on the Lido deck, there is a large screen that faces the pool deck where lounge chairs are placed for easy viewing. You can even see the movie from the two decks above the Lido deck as well. Don’t forget, there are blankets available at the towel hut during the movies to keep you cozy.
- Blue Iguana Cantina – I had the best shrimp tacos at Blue Iguana. The line is always long at lunch and that is for a good reason. They serve tacos and burritos at breakfast and lunch. There is even a toppings bar with multiple salsas, like the Watermelon Jicama – YUM!
- Carnival HUB App – A must on a Carnival Cruise, the Carnival HUB App gives you access to everything you need to know while you are on your cruise.
- Punchline Comedy – The comedy on the ship is great. There are two types of shows, comedy for all ages and adults only. Make sure to get their early though, because seating is limited.
- The Cruise Director – Matt, is an amazing Cruise Director. I am not sure how long he will be on the ship, but the Cruise Director can make a cruse amazing and Matt is amazing.
Of course, the ship is so big you don’t get the opportunity to truly enjoy everything. However, I would be remiss to not mention a few highlights I was not able to enjoy.
- SkyRide – I missed out on the SkyRide, but I heard from many people how amazing the ride around the ship is. This ride is a double track that has two bicycle like pods that you ride around the top of the ship.
- Red Frog Pub & Brewery – I am not a beer drinker, so this was not a spot where I chose to stop. However, if you do like beer, Carnival has the first brewery at sea and offers a tour with tastings.
- IMAX at Sea – Another first, Carnival has an IMAX theatre that has several showings everyday.
- Guy’s Burger Joint – Guy Fieri has partnered with Carnival to create a signature burger. I don’t eat beef, but I heard rave reviews about these burgers. I will have to say, we had the fries and they were amazing. Maybe one day there with be a Portabello burger option : )